Thursday, June 26, 2008

I have been Pastor of Weatherly for 16 years as of July 2008. I have witness many changes during these 16 years. We have seen the church grow and then we have seen it decline. But regardless of whether it was growing or declining in attendance one thing has always stood out to me and that is the faithfulness of the congregation to rally together and do whatever was needed to help us move forward. God has truly blessed me and my family by allowing us the great opportunity of pastoring such a supportive and loving congregation. If you are looking for a church home I don't believe you will find one that will love you more, or be there for you when you need a friend or support. Come and give us a chance and lets grow together!

1 comment:

Nancy G. said...

Hi. My name is Nancy G. My husband, Wendell, and I have been attending Weatherly since October of 2007. We became members in January of 2008 and are truly in love with the people and presence at Weatherly. The wonderful family here have welcomed us with open arms and bright smiling faces. Wendell and I are "empty nesters", yet we fit right in with the younger families and are quite comfy with the mature ones as well.

I am a music fanatic and have been so happy with the praise and worship and special choir ministry here at Weatherly. Miss Jackie works hard each week preparing for the day's worship and it shows that she spends time before the Lord. The anointing and the presence of our Father and His Spirit during worship is special and quite sweet. I believe this is the result of open hearts yeilded to Him as well as the freedom established by the church leaders to allow individual/personnal and unique expressions unto the Lord.

Weatherly is a wonderful family-oriented church and welcomes everyone who enters!